Friday, August 31, 2007

intimate walk with Min

With Min I did the sleeping project last January in Amsterdam. So I already felt quite intimately connected to her. We held hands on our walk. It was a slow, languid walk. We talked about feeling connected to the universe, to nature, to the landscape around us. This is a kind of intimacy too. On our walk I felt a bit nostalgic and lazy. I told Min that to me it feels very natural and comforting to be with her. I felt a bit foggy with my thoughts. No big, pressing issues arose out of our conversation. It felt more like the universe was smiling at us and saying that it's o.k. to feel like that: a bit lazy and heavy and nostalgic. It was a rather uneventful walk. I should have written about it right after it happened. Two days have passed since my walk with Min. And I remember more a general feeling of feeling safe and protected. With Min I felt I could just be who I was in that moment. I felt a big acceptance and no need to prove or test or create anything. I didn't even feel the need to be especially alert and aware to notice intimacy in case it would manifest itself. I think it was simply there all along. And it felt very normal and good.

No comments: